Monday, January 9, 2012

A little food and a good book

After a very fun (oh so long) day I arrived home to find that a new book was waiting for me on the front step. I couldn't wait to tear open the package. Our home was unusually quiet so I thought I would treat myself to a couple Ruben Rolls while I read.

I have the best memories of my Aunt Mimi making these for me during high school.  This fact brought on the desire to do a little recipe sharing. It's my first share so if you do make them, please let me know what you think (raises eyebrows in a hopeful manner) * everything in green denotes the product I use

Ruben Rolls

1/4 lb.     Corned Beef                               (Boars Head deli meat - shredded)
1/3lb.      (8 Slices) Swiss Cheese             (Boars Head deli  - thin Lacey Swiss)
1/3 C       Thousand Island dressing          (Annie's Organic)
1/2 C       Sauerkraut                                 (Boars Head
1 tube (8) Natural Crescent Roll dough     (Immaculate Baking Co.)




Put one teaspoon of thousand island dressing on the middle of crescent roll.


Add meat and sauerkraut.

 

Roll and place.

 

 Roll some more and nicely pull the wide ends over the side and secure on top by pressing down just a little.


Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.

Enjoy.




We have also made some amazing rolls like this using Boar's Head Smoked Gouda, 
shaved hard salami & crescent rolls.  So Yummy.

- Stephanie